Friday, March 21, 2008

Yahoo!7 Answers

Just for signing up, I've been awarded 100 points. And there's 1 point given for daily log in.

I have posted 3 questions, one of which was in my language - Tagalog. I discovered that one can ask questions and give answers in languages listed in Answers International. Here are the questions I've posted:

1) Does choko really help lower cholesterol level? So far, I only got 1 answer.

2) I was told that bitter melon (ampalaya) is good for people with diabetes. Is this true? For this one, there were 2 answers.

3) (Tagalog): Kailan ba ipinagdiriwang ang tunay na araw ng kalayaan sa Pilipinas ngayon? Translated, this means: When is the true independence day in the Philippines being celebrated? So far, no answer.

I answered the following questions:

1) Is buko juice good for you?
2) I want to learn Tagalog and how to pronounce it correctly?

My total points as of now: 95. Why did my points come down instead of up? The Points Table say that 5 points are deducted for every question asked. And I've posted 3 questions. But I've also earned the following points: Choose a best answer for my question: 3; Answer a question: 2 points each answer; Vote for a best answer: 1; Log in to Yahoo! Answers: Once daily - 1 point.

I really had fun looking at the questions and the answers given. Some of them are quite funny.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you are really interacting with the technology. Both asking and answering questions and making use of the multilingual facilities.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Kathleen A

Jalen said...

I am, indeed... very much so. Thanks for your comments. Really appreciate it.