Friday, March 14, 2008

Del.icio.us

I had a look at the account that was created for this exercise and noticed that tags are formatted differently when viewed as a cloud and as a list.

I have set up a delicious account = http://del.icio.us/CarmelMortillero but was not successful in downloading the toolbar icons. I tried twice but didn't go any further because the computer I was using wouldn't do it. I spent much time trying to link my delicious account to my blog as asked in the exercise but it wouldn't work as well. Just for practice, I bookmarked 5 websites and was able to link one to my blog. By link here, I mean that when I click on that website, it directs me to my blog.

Delicious is great for research assistance. It's a wonderful tool for finding websites and online materials in response to users' information needs.

www.asknow.gov.au is a fine example of a website using delicious as a social bookmarking tool.

Easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere? Definitely!

No comments: