Friday, March 28, 2008

Big Huge Labs

I have created three mashups using Calendar, Badge Maker and CD Cover.

Immediately following the finished product (mashup) these actions were listed:

Edit badge, Start Over, Save, Upload to Flickr, Share, Email

We do need to save our work to make uploading to our weblog easy. And that's what I did with my Calendar and Badge Maker. I saved these to my computer and uploaded from there to my weblog. I experimented with Upload to Flickr for the CD Cover. Check out myflickrville link to find out what the CD Cover is. I'm sure one of you will be pleasantly surprised.

I have always wanted to do A Calendar of Multicultural Recipes. Shhhh, don't tell anyone... And now, I've found out how to do this!

There are so many ways that we can use mashups in our library. For one thing, we can have a Calendar of Library Events and give this out to our customers in December as part of our marketing strategies. We can also start using CDs/DVDs to document our special events, programs, activities, projects, and even policies and procedures and have the appropriate CD covers for them. We can use the Badge Maker for our customers involved in Book Discussion Groups, Volunteer tutoring, Friends of the Library and the like, to give them a sense of belonging, and therefore raise their self-esteem. These three (Calendar, CD covers and Badge Maker) are the only mashups I've tried so far. And to think that there's more!

It is really amazing what you can do with Big Huge Labs!

No comments: