Friday, April 4, 2008

Social Networks

Social networking will especially be useful to me in promoting my programs, projects and events.

I can also see possibilities here for marketing our services and collections. This is one good opportunity to raise the library's profile with the community. I do hope that we will be given encouragement, help (with IT issues), time and support by our Libray Management to engage in social networking. I consider it high priority for our Library Management to get our IT department to allow us unlimited access to online tools, such as YouTube, Google Video, Google Maps, Facebook, MySpace, etc., so we can implement what we have learned here. ACCESS will also mean being able to read/listen to/watch/view, and replicate if relevant, what others are doing. Why re-invent the wheel?

No comments: